The 2019 National Day of Prayer is Thursday, May 2nd. The National Day of Prayer was established in 1952 as an annual observance in our Nation by Congressional Resolution and Presidential Proclamation. In l988 President Ronald Reagan and Congress fixed the Day as the first Thursday in May.
- Our 11th National Day of Prayer breakfast worship and prayer gathering will be at the Granbury Resort Conference Center from 6:00 to 7:30 a.m. The breakfast is FREE and no reservations are required. Doors open at 5:30 a.m.
- For those who are not able to make the breakfast, there will be short lunchtime worship and prayer gatherings at eleven locations around the County from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m.:
- Downtown Granbury at the Courthouse Gazebo
- Acton at the Tabernacle on North Gate Road
- Cresson at the Historic School House
- Lipan at the Tabernacle across from the Church of Christ
- Tolar Tabernacle next to the J.D. Neely Community Center, 120 Tolar Cemetery Road, Tolar
- Mambrino Baptist Church Tabernacle, 1625 Mambrino Highway
- Pecan Plantation Park, 9900 Ravenswood Road
- Mas Que Vencedores Church, 4206 West Briarwood Street – for Spanish-speakers
- Indian Harbor Clubhouse parking lot
- Chapel at Lakestone Estates (3rd floor), 916 East Highway 377
- DeCordova Bend Estates, Pavilion by North Gate
We pray that you will join us at one or both gatherings to seek God together.
These events are planned and sponsored by the Hood County Prayer Task Force, a ministry of the Lake Granbury Ministerial Alliance.