Welcome to the website for the Hood County Prayer Task Force! Our three-fold mission is to:
- Mobilize prayer;
- Encourage personal repentance; and
- Encourage righteousness in our culture.
The Task Force is an outgrowth of the work of Acton United Methodist Church (AUMC) to conduct a prayer breakfast for Hood County on the National Day of Prayer – the first Thursday of May each year. AUMC fostered the Task Force until mid-2016. Following the 2016 National Day of Prayer, the decision was made to bring the Task Force under the auspices of the Lake Granbury Ministerial Alliance (LGMA) as a means of fostering involvement of more of our Hood County area churches and expanding our scope. We remain eternally grateful to AUMC for shepherding the Task Force (formerly The National Day of Prayer Task Force of Hood County) for about nine years!
The Task Force is at work expanding our scope to include the following activities:
- National Day of Prayer (May 3)
- Prayer breakfast (see video)
- Noontime prayer gatherings around the County in at least the following areas:
- A Service of Remembrance and Thanksgiving on September 11th
- Another One Nation Under God worship and prayer gathering for the community the Sunday evening before Election Day
- Monthly Community Prayer Meetings
- Producing a Kingdom Prayer Guide specific to Hood County (click here for Large Print)
- Other regular prayer meetings around the community throughout the year
- Encouraging believers to pray
- Offering training in prayer and prayer ministries
We are affiliated with the National Day of Prayer Task Force. Click here to visit their website and check out what is going on nationally with respect to prayer. You can also view encouraging messages from various Christian leaders.
As part of encouraging believers to pray, we cooperated with the Hood County Pastor Council (HCPC) in November 2016 in its One Nation Under God Campaign that called us to pray and fast for three weeks leading up to the November 8, 2016 election. This campaign culminated in a concert of prayer led by HCPC at Shanley Park on the evening of November 6th, where an estimated 5,000 people gathered to worship our great God and call out to Him in repentance and supplication. Click here for more information.
We need more Task Force members and also volunteers to carry out a wide variety of tasks. Two volunteers we especially need are someone to lead our fundraising and someone to liaise with the media (Hood County News, radio and television stations and Show Biz Cinema) to promote our events. Is God calling you to becoming involved? If so, call our Coordinator, Fred Orcutt, at (817) 771-6988 or e-mail him using the form at the bottom of this page.
Prayer and Financial Support Needed
We also need prayer and financial support. Click here (coming soon) to sign up for our prayer e-mails. If you wish to contribute to our work, you can make a check out to Hood County Prayer Task Force and mail it to:
Hood County Prayer Task Force P.O. Box 2217 Granbury, Texas 76048
Alternatively, you can donate to us using your credit card via PayPal. Just click the DONATE button below. In either case, please be sure you give us your mailing address so we can send you a receipt. As noted above, we are part of LGMA, a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.